What we do
Our concern is with effective education reform and high quality management, using experience gained in many international situations. With our experience we are able to work at a variety of levels in the system, including in national ministries, regional offices and individual schools.
- As a group of senior experienced consultants we have worked mainly in the public sector to support management development including the development of education systems, schools and teachers world wide.
- We provide all the skills and experience of the large management consultancy firms but with a level of flexibility and responsiveness which is only possible in a relatively small and tightly managed organisation. The principals of Merganser have all worked successfully at senior levels in very large global organisations, and know their strengths – and also their limitations.
We strongly believe that the end user, whether that is client, citizen, child or teacher should be at the heart of priorities – we believe in trying hard to demonstrate by our own actions the values we subscribe to.
Our experience is grounded through many years working in education systems around the world.
Merganser Consulting draws together:
- Professional education expertise at school and education management levels;
- The contribution of other professionals, such as finance specialists, buildings experts and community development specialists to the development of education;
- Thorough understanding of the education change management process that the UK has undergone in the last twenty years;
A good understanding of how consultants and trainers need to work together in teams to optimise their expertise.
We do this by:
- Drawing together experienced professionals from our own organisation and from our partners;
- Developing sound project management strategies;
- Reviewing and evaluating everything we do;
- Remembering always that we do not have answers but only experience;
- A passionate commitment to the development of education and recognition of the benefits it can bring.